Tomato Flavour Bomb Recipe
Tomato Flavour Bombs
These Tomato Flavour Bombs truly are like a flavour explosion in your mouth! I love them because they look amazing and you can eat them with their hands. There’s no better way to feel connected with your food than touching it first. There are millions of nerve endings in our fingertips and when we touch food they signal to our digestive system that there’s food on it’s way and our bodies start releasing digestive enzymes!
There are so many variations you can do with this recipe. So don't follow it too closely, but use it as a guide to let your creativity flow through you and use whatever is in season or available at your sensitive fingertips.
8 medium tomatoes
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 cup cashews/pinenuts/pumpkin seeds/sunflower seeds (whatever you desire)
5 sundried tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup basil
1/4 cup parsley
Fresh chilli (optional)
- Cut top off tomatoes and set aside
- Scoop out inside of tomatoes and set aside
- In a blender place the nuts, seeds, yeast, olive oil, sundried tomatoes, basil, parsley, smoked paprika and half of the scooped out tomatoes (I keep what I don’t use for soups or curries).
- Blend until desired consistency is reached. I like mine a little bit chunky!
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Stuff scooped out tomatoes with the blended mixture
- Garnish by placing the tomato lid on top of the stuffed tomato or add a fresh basil leaf